Overcoming Worry and Anxiety
Self-help strategies that work
Dr Jerry Kennard
Worry is always with us, but, the lived experience of anxiety is often complex, embarrassing and hard to explain. Using clear, down-to-earth language, Overcoming Worry and Anxiety explores its characteristics, available treatments and effective self-help techniques. Based on questions to the author via patient interviews and blogs, this book directly addresses the concerns of those with worry and anxiety.
• How the brain and its chemicals work
• How anxiety may interact with other states such as stress, fear, panic, and illness
• Symptoms and conditions
• Work and lifestyle
• Practical measures to combat worry
• Thinking about treatment
• Guided and supportive therapies
• The value of assertiveness
Specifications: 216 x 138 mm | Paperback | 144 pages
Dr Jerry Kennard is a chartered psychologist and associate fellow of the British Psychological Society. Former Head of Psychology at York St. John University, he is author of several self-help books. He lives near the City of York.